Old Photo - Posing Before The Ride To Sunday Service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Posing Before The Ride To Sunday Service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Auntie M parks her bicycle and accepts a ride in the Model T to go and visit Dorothy and Toto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Doesn’t look like a T to me! Perhaps a. Buick?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:18 am:

Beautiful photo Jay, thx for sharing !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:06 am:

yes maybe but there is a T in the back ground, 1913 or 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Nope. Not a Ford. That barn looks familiar from other pictures ?!? Great photo, thanks for posting it, and all the others you find for us Jay ! Much appreciated !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Retouched it a bit using Pixlr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Retouched it a bit using Pixlr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

The car is a Dodge. The curve of the rear fender to running board and the bubble and grease fitting at back of the splash apron are the clues.
Pretty hats.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

Thank you Richard. I now recall those apron details being discussed before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Picky, picky, picky!...Alright then...

Auntie M parks her bicycle and accepts a ride in the Dodge to go and visit Dorothy and Toto!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

I have always assumed that it was Auntie Em (short for Emma).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

I thought it was the witch (aka the school marm) who rode the bicycle - not Aunt Em ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

That's correct, now that I think about it, Rich. According to Wikipedia, the witch was Miss Gulch, a wealthy and obnoxious local woman. Auntie Em (short for Emily, according to Wikipedia), on the left, doesn't look like the cyclist type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

OK...OK for Pete's sake!

Miss Gulch parks her stinking bicycle and accepts a ride in the Dodge to go visit Dorothy and Toto!

I don't care if she ever gets to visit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

Next thing you know a Hurricane, no a Typhoon, no a Tsunami, No a... wait, wait don't tell me I know, I know...A Tornado! will show up somewhere in this story!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 03:38 pm:

A few of the fellows stopped in for dinner tonight and told me the whole story. I was OK until they got to the scary flying monkeys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Denny thats using your brain, it takes a lot of courage and heart to post things like that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Hmmmmm. Miss Gulch singing : "If I only had a Ford !"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Just follow the oil soaked road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

I was a member of the "Lollipop Guild" for several years before I got into model T's. Fine folks and always the last to know when it rains. O--
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration