OT Ten Antique Speedsters, Automobiles and Trucks Found Buried at Teardown Site

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT Ten Antique Speedsters, Automobiles and Trucks Found Buried at Teardown Site
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Stumbled on this thought other would like it. What a great find.

Ten Antique Speedsters, Automobiles and Trucks Found Buried at Teardown Site

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=170980

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:26 am:

Interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:03 am:

The guy I got my 25 from had to dig it out of the blackberry's. They can be as bad as the plant that was talked about back east. Neat cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 11:08 am:

It’s common with large acreage properties for the new owner to not have a clue of what’s on the land. Barns, houses, and cars abandoned by a previous owner with the family not knowing or simply not concerned because they are well off and this stuff is just “junk” YouTube is filled with videos of houses and barns sitting abandoned, filled with furniture and left to return to the earth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Very cool! Thanks for running across this James and sharing it.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I've lived on my heavily forested property for 14 years and am just now getting around to clearing a place on the back of the property for my future shop.

Last week I found the seat springs and metal top bows from an old car (not sure what they're from).

Finding these things totally surprised me, however, the area where I'm clearing is so dense with yaupon holly, pine, and various hardwoods that you can't walk through it and during the summer, you can't see more than about 10 feet into the underbrush.

So I can see how 9 cars could disappear. These old speedsters are the motherlode however.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration