Donít know my OF from a hole in the ground :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Donít know my OF from a hole in the ground :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:29 pm:

Ok, so I have this nifty OF carburetor and want to give it a try. Have never used one before. I noticed that the throttle shaft has a graduated plate that should make contact with a roller on the end of a lever .. that operates a plunger. Iím guessing this is an accelerator pump. But on mine it doesnít seem to do much (see video). Should I look for a roller with a larger diameter? Like I said ... never had one of these before. See video:

https://www.youtube.com/upload

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

Crap ... evidently I canít post a video either. How do I remove this post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Mark google "Ford Model T Stromberg OF" there should be some of photos that should show the roller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

I'm running an OF and it is a very good carb. The economizer is set to come off the ramp just after the throttle comes off idle.Stan Howe has good info on his web sight and also makes a needle and seat upgrade that I use and recommend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/467871.html?1407369363

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration