How fo I edit or delete a post?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How fo I edit or delete a post?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Put the wrong link in my last post. How do I edit or delete the entire post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

There's a time limit to editing a post so the sooner the better. Just click on your profile and when the window opens, click on the "user profile" icon and then you should be able to figure it out from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

You can edit if you do it right away, but you can't delete. What you can do is edit by replacing all the copy with a single space. Your name, the date, and the time will still be there, but the "edited" copy will be gone. You can also edit to a completely different message.

Click User Profile at the top of the page. Log in. Click the yellow pencil next to the message you want to edit. Log in again. Edit. Click Save Message. If there's no yellow pencil it's too late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

I donít see an option for my messages

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Click User Profile at the top of the page. You should get this. Log in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:37 pm:

That gets you here. Click on the yellow pencil.

If there is no yellow pencil, give up. You're too late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Clicking the yellow pencil gets you here.

That should get you here.

Edit your message in the box, preview it if you want, and click Save Message. Done.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on August 05, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

By time there is a new post it's too late to edit and I have never been able to remove a posting only edit no matter what the wording says.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration