THANKS TO ALL !!!!!!! ...... for the help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: THANKS TO ALL !!!!!!! ...... for the help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

A BIG THANKS TO ALL!!!!! MTFCA and all the members that post here and on YouTube. I just finished rebuilding (rebuilding in the form of replacing the parts that are worn out or marginal that could not be fixed to good shape) 4 generators, 5 starters, and 7 starter bendix. I have a 1924 Model T Touring and a 1924 Model TT Truck, so I should have enough to supply the car and truck with plenty of spares. It took about 10 weeks and about $750 to $800, but I wanted to do all the work myself. I started by reading the books, reading this website, and watching YouTube posts. Then taking everything a part, cleaning, measuring, documenting, fixing, and ordering parts. I did use my local starter and alternator shop to check out my 11 armatures that I had. He was thrilled to see stuff that old and I got a tour of his shop and he showed me what he was going to do and we actual did one together. He did the growler testing, turned the commutator and straightened the shaft. Also, he showed me how to spray coat the windings and field coils for better insulation. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. I even did the Ron P. technique of putting in the middle bushing seal with cutting and fitting the old-style bushing with a seal and thrust washer. AGAIN, THANKS TO ALL THAT POST HERE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:07 pm:

You've been busy!
You did great on $$$ spent on all those spares, I think.
Fantastic news with your electrical guy! That's priceless.
An old style shop that you can go in the back with the man.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration