Help identify part

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Help identify part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Jamieson, Chatham, Ontario, Canada on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

This was with a bunch of T parts in a barn. Can anyone identify it by chance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:06 pm:

Looks like an overhead valve cylinder head with eight ports. With eight ports itís not any common Rajo or Frontiac.
On my way to the frozen north, in Seattle waiting for a seaplane to take me to Desolation Sound. With the heat wave the west coast seems to suffering, I suspect the temperatures will be very pleasant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

looks like tractor to me. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

Allis Chalmers or I.H.C. Farmall- a profile shot of the exhaust/intake manifold would be key to identifying it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Jamieson, Chatham, Ontario, Canada on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

I am awaiting more photos and I will post some. I was'nt sure if it was T related or not(aftermarket). Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Jamieson, Chatham, Ontario, Canada on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

The part about the tractor that is throwing me off was that intake/exhaust on tractors are on the left of the engine vrs automotive on the right hand side. I'll keep searching and update pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Jamieson, Chatham, Ontario, Canada on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Ferguson TE20 tractor. No performance upgrade here... thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

If it is a Massey Ferguson TE20 head ( it does look like it) the early MF tractors used Continental engines in them. So that would mean it's a head for a Z120 Continental engine.
Stevens Ag Parts makes this reference in their Stevens Ag Parts catalog.
For the old tractor enthusaist who needed one they won't be cheap if you needed to buy one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration