Hastings Real Glass Window for touring car. Seen these?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hastings Real Glass Window for touring car. Seen these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

I'm pretty good with those interwebs, and I can't find any reference to this kit I found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Here you go..these were made to retro fit into the old Ford isinglass plastic like windows.

Comes with tiny screw bolts to punch the fabric and fasten the metal frame with its glass into the top rear curtain.

I use these on modern tops, just the frame only, so to make the new plastic windows look a bit more old :-)

Used to find these frames at all the swap meets in past years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

Thats ad is great! This kit is complete with the frames and 2 pieces of glass!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 08:47 pm:

They come up for sale on ebay somewhat often. If it were me I would swap out the glass for something safer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

Those are very common, both used and NOS. They were a popular accessory.

My dad put an NOS set on his '17 touring almost 70 years ago, I think he has another NOS set sitting on the shelf.

I have some in my parts stash.

I have seen them on a number of Model Ts. I also run across them at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

I have one on my '27 and love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

Does anybody know if the frames for the three vertical windows (1917-22) are the same size as the frames for the two horizontal windows (1923-24 and early 1925)?

In other words, are the same frames used for both 1917-22 and 1923-25 but merely oriented differently?

They were designed to be installed in the rear curtain without altering the existing openings.

In Dan Trace's photo above as well as ads in trade journals, the frames for 1923-25 appear to be different dimensions from the 1917-22 and less rectangular.

I have some that are definitely correct the three window rear curtain - I have matched set of three that are unmarked, and two that are marked Corcoran Mgf. Peer-O-Lites Cincinnati, O. My dad has a set of three Hastings on his '17 touring car. The outer measurements are of the unmarked and Peer-O-Lites are 10 3/4" x 6 1/2". I presume the Hastings three window frame measurements on my dad's car are the same.

According to McCalley, 1917-22 windows were 9 1/2" x 5 1/4" and 1923-early 1925 were 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". I presume he is referring only to the openings, and the measurement does not include reinforcement binding around the openings.

Clipped from full-page 1924 Corcoran Manufacturing Peerless products advertisement:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration