I got the buzz...1919

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I got the buzz...1919
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oliver Baker on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

GREAT NEWS!!! I haven't tried to start yet (because I have to put so much back together first) but at least I have good buzzing now. The wire in the coil box was not attached when I took it apart to take the coils out. To tight to just pull out so I had to take the box apart. I also have some of the suggestions mentioned to me to check yet, such as timer and distance on timer rod, etc... But I am sicked that they are now buzzing. A BIG THANK YOU ALL!
I'm sure I will have more questions but at least this mystery is solved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Reid Central WI on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:47 pm:

Good job Oliver!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

In case I didn't post it before, here's how to set timing: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG97.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oliver Baker on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

Thank you Steve. I will need this I'm sure.
Thanks for the kudo's Joe.
Was in meetings all morning. Sorry I couldn't respond before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oliver Baker on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Steve I used your post info to set my timing tonight. Worked like a charm, lots of rod bending until "perfect", but it seems good. Thanks so much. I'm getting ever closer to being able to start. I am Very excited.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration