Camshaft hole and pin size?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Camshaft hole and pin size?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

What is the diameter of the hole in the end of the camshaft that holds the roller, flapper, or brush?

What is the proper diameter of the pin that holds it in alignment?

A new Anco type timer has a smaller hole and pin than the hole in my camshaft. It looks like there is 20 degrees of play! I would feel much better in the pin held it more accurately than relying of the friction of the nut!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

A 1/8" drill bit fits the hole in the cam shaft I just checked, so a 1/8" pin should work. I've used a small nail cut short to fit. If you drill the hole in the rotor to 1/8" it should be a good fit with no slack.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration