Old Photo - Grease Monkey's Posing On The Job

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Grease Monkey's Posing On The Job
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 11:34 am:

Those are mechanics, a grease monkey was the guy who climbed around in the rafters and greased the line shaft in a machine shop or factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

It was in the early 70's when we cut the last of the overhead shaft's out of the very old chevy plant.I never thought about it at the time who greased them but we had [oilers] who went around with small carts with oil and grease.Also at the time we also had a millwright who maned the belt bench,and laced the flat belts.When i left in 83 i had a huge tool box/bench,one of the org anvils,and a adjustable 11" Clipper laceing machine.Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration