Measurements for '15 firewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Measurements for '15 firewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 11:15 am:

Anyone have the measurements / drawing for the wood firewall for a '15?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Here is something to start you off with:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/663274.html?1470140771

https://www.google.com/search?q=mtfca%3B+1915+dash&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=fire fox-b-1-ab

Do you have your old one for a pattern? Do you know that there is a bevel along the edge? Anyway this will will give your question a bump. :-)

I did not see any postings with dimensions in a quick search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:51 am:

There should be a drawing at The Benson Ford Research Center. Ask for T-7462. You might also want to get the Record of Change for that part number to see what changes were made.

This snippet is from The Model T Encyclopedia, very useful.
\image(1915 Firewall 2}

(Message edited by touringtom on August 08, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:55 am:

1915 Firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

Thanks for the replies. The only thing I've found is the height at 19 41/64"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

David. I have one you can use for a pattern. Where are you located. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

Thanks for the offer Don, but I'm on the other side of the country (Ohio). There are a couple guys in our local club that are Model T parts hoarders. We have a meeting next week, I'll have to see if they happen to have one in a pile I can get a pattern off of. There's just about EVERYTHING out there on the "T", EXCEPT the dimensions of the '15-'16 firewall, I think every other year is covered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

David. If worse comes to worse I could trace it to a of cardboard and send it to you. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

Don, Let me talk to the guys at our "T" meeting next Wednesday to see if anyone has an old one laying around I could get a pattern from. I'll get back to you after the meeting.....THANKS for your help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 09:53 am:

David, check this tbay item I saw this morning...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-hood-former-1915-16/163193386672?hash=item25ff1 576b0%3Ag%3AErsAAOSwlQ5ba6fs&_sop=10&_sacat=6000&_nkw=%22model+t%22+-aluminum+-b ucket+-rod+-chrome+-shift&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H 0.X%22model+t%22+-aluminum+-bucket+-rod+-chrome+-shift.TRS0&_ipg=200

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration