New hood and skirts for Mercury Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New hood and skirts for Mercury Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Just picked up my new hood and skirts, some assembly required.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Sweet !! Please show us your progress Andy !! Love to see the craft involved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Andy,

Just some good booze for the metal pixies, slap hard with the hammers and shot bag, and then take a rest. Repeat as required until the pixies see it your way.

All the Best,

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Might as well make some extras, to share with your new friends What radiator shell are you using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Oh, and by the way...., Friends need to supply booze to watch. LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

I don't know just what my radiator shell is off of but it is close to the mercury shell. It is brass and has been painted. I'm going to strip it and hope that it is good enough to plate. You can see it in my profile.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 06:03 am:

Andy, I have lots of pictures of an original hood, should you decide to go that route. Tmorsher@icloud.com, I donít get PMs here. T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

I started today by cutting the sheet on steel down to size. I used a straight edge and a steel cutting blade in a skill saw, makes great straight lines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

After I had my steel cut to size I laid out and cut the skirts to fit. Now to go see the guy with the 8 foot brake.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

I'll be in touch Tim, I do have to modify the drivers side since I am going to run my exhaust out the side of the car.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Well, I made a new friend with an 8 foot brake and got my skirts bent into channel. Now I need to form it to the curve of the body, 2 person job with the kick shrinker. I'll need a volunteer from the audience.

Andy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration