When was your T last inspected?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: When was your T last inspected?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Sieber on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

When I bought my Model T last year, the gentlemen selling it pointed out the original inspection sticker on it. It was last done for 1937-1938. A time when there was only four rules to driving! - Don't drink and drive, come to a full stop when entering a main thoroughfare, never fail to dim headlights and never pass on a hill! When was your car last inspected? Does anyone have a Model T that made it up through the 50s as a registered vehicle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 05:57 pm:

My 27 T was registered from 27 to 47 when it was parked in a woodshed until our family bought it in the early 60's. It has been registered ever since and inspected almost every year since inspections became mandatory in this province.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

To my knowledge, mine has never been inspected. Minnesota only had an inspection law for a few years, and my T was not on the road during that period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

I would guess that most have never been inspected except by the owners. Most states don't require any safety inspection. 32 require emissions inspection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

The only time Minnesota required an inspection for passenger cars were the emission inspections from 1991 through 1999.

Antique automobiles were exempt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

No classic inspections in N.J. The modern inspection is crap anyway. They sure as hell wouldn't know what to do with a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:08 am:

Here in Ca. We only have smog equipment check for vehicles 1976 and newer. No safety checks at all but some cars could sure use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:09 am:

Three weeks ago as is required here to get a license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 03:31 am:

Every 6 months down here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 04:09 am:

Every 6 months down here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L. Myers, Greenville on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 06:15 am:

My son's 1926 roadster had this 1958 inspection sticker on it. I don't think it ever sat idle for long because all the mechanical parts of the car were worn out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 07:31 am:

Georgia used to have a required safety inspection. In the early 80's, we lived just across the line in AL, but had friends in GA. One told my Dad he went to have his modern car inspected. They had him pull in the bay, blow the horn, turn on the lights, turn on his turn signals. Mechanic signed off on a form and handed him his windshield sticker. What a farce! Guess the legislature figured it out, too. I don't know when, but they have subsequently stopped doing them. Guess they're kinda like having a blood test for VD before issuing a marriage license. Does any state still do that? Again, what a farce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:53 am:

Never except by me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

Yesterday by me! by the State never.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

In New York State we have inspections once a year. They include emissions, brake condition, tire tread, lights etc. My local shop just asks me if everything works that came with the car and if I think the brakes and steering are as safe as possible given the technology of my car. Costs about $12 and they put a sticker on the windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Sieber on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

Was Pennsylvania the only state that required annual vehicle inspection back in the 20s/30s?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

We have regular smog inspections here in California, but not in my county. Nevertheless, when I finally get a "bitsa" T assembled, I look forward to some interesting times getting it licensed.

I wonder if they'll designate it as a "home built" car and require a smog inspection? Like I said, interesting times ahead........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Provincially, never, Owners at Club 'spring safety check' . . yearly using MTFCA's form. The province does require an "out of province" inspection if one is brought into province and registered, but only a few Model T member / mechanics will do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

I wonder how a Model T would do on a modern smog test.

anyone tried it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter - South Jersey on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Our last NJ statue inspection was in 2014 - NJ has since eliminated inspections for all older cars. The inspection was both for safety and emissions - all cars with regular tags from 1968 and back (including our 1924 Model T) had to meet the same emissions standards. We took the car to the state inspection station and it was quite a scene, particularly the first time.

Here is a copy of one of the inspection reports with the emissions results. If it ran decently and the mixture was not too rich, it would pass the emissions test.
nj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

Dale I have a 26 coupe with a 1954 Pa inspection sticker on the windshield I took out of the car to replace it with safety glass. The car came out of Philly. I Live in South Jersey and if you have QQ tags for antique cars it is a self inspection process. I you do go through the "state station", which are run by a private company, it is only the a emission test.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:01 pm:

I doubt if our '21 Touring has ever been inspected. It came for Tennessee when we bought it in October of 2016. Tennessee does not have safety inspections unless they have started in the last few years. I was told our car had not been on the road since 1969 so it would not have been inspected in Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:36 pm:

The People's Republic of Massachusetts requires every vehicle get inspected every year so they can collect their $35.00 fee. Every time i go in i basically have to instruct them on what to do, as they usually have no clue about how to deal with a car this old. When i hand the Registration to the guy at the counter i tell him I'll have to drive it in because nobody here knows how to drive a T,..he just nods O.K. Next i drive it in, turn on the lights, and beep the horn, that's when i tell him that's all I've got. Bewildered, he takes my money and i go on my way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:30 am:

My most popular post on facebook is always a description of my yearly visit to the state inspection station. They always five the job to the newest guy in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:37 am:

While we have no inspection, I have seriously considered taking one of my antique cars to one of the oil and lube places just for fun. Reckon they would fill my grease cups and oil the oilers if I showed them where they were? Seems the least they could do considering they saved money on the oil filter and 5th quart of oil they are going to charge me for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 01:34 pm:

1959 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

Last year it was on the road before I picked it up in 2010.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Jamieson, Chatham, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 07:03 am:

Here's the inspection sticker on my coupe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:17 am:

Sticker? mine blew out the windshield 2 yrs ago.
Masshole so cheap not to put glue on it for
39 bucks. take pic of my car sticker and click
'print' done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:23 am:

So how many if you guys just go in and just get a sticker but not get it checked

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration