OT help identifying wood coil box. 1911-13?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT help identifying wood coil box. 1911-13?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:25 am:

I bought a box of model t coils at an auction and included was an old wooden Kingston coil box and switch I thought was for a 1911-1913 Model T. Checking the encyclopedia and measuring the one original coil inside, I am not so sure now that it is a Model T coil box. The coil measures 5 3/4 x 2 5/16 x 3. The 3" dimension has me thinking it isn't for a Model T. The coil box holds 4 coils and otherwise looks like a Model T box. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:47 am:

It is indeed a T box, and from the looks of it, it's only good for parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:01 pm:

Larry,
The encyclopedia does not mention any ford coils 5 3/4 high with a 3" width. The coil box looks ford but it does not seem to fit ford coils. Could this be pre model t?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/coils/Coils.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration