Old Photo - Delco - Light Service Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Delco - Light Service Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

I had a Delco light plant a few years ago. Interesting machine. It was stuck tight when I found it but I got it freed up and running then sold it when I downsized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:07 pm:

Great pic Jay!..Looks like he likes his job, and is dressed for success. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

That is a GREAT photograph! Delco had quite the dealership setup before WWII, and provided electricity for many farms.

I have a Delco 850 watt, 32 volt light plant wired up in my shop right now. It charges four 8 volt golf cart batteries and powers 32 volt bulbs on a separate circuit. Of what use is it? Very little, but it pleases me to explain to youngsters how things worked before commercial power was available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:39 am:

There's an old story about a Delco salesman who called on a farmer to sell him a light plant. The farmer asked, "If I buy one of them things and then the REA comes through here and puts in power lines, will I be able to run the thing backwards and make gasoline?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:46 am:

How many of these units do you suppose have been junked over the years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 10:03 am:

Got one sitting in my shop. Pretty cool old machine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration