Ford Tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford Tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

I haven't been able to find by looking in past potings....Does anyone know if there is a listing or directory of Model T era Ford Tools with Corresponding tool part numbers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

application/pdf
Model T Tools All.pdf (50.7 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

Thanks Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#tool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

The sets that came with the Model T were rolled up in a black canvas or oil cloth holder and were kept under the seat. Occasionally, entire sets come up for sale on eBay, or you can buy them one at a time and assemble your own set. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

Of course there were a lot of tools that were available to work on the Model T, but the set that went under the seat was a set of basic tools. Wooden handled screw drivers, a combination spark plug/lugnut wrench a pair of pliers, an adjustable wrench and a jack. If my list is incorrect, please correct me. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Thought it might be a fun project to find pictures to marry up up with all the Ford tools (as in the list Jeff provided) but this may be a difficult task. May start to see how many I can find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

Jim, the #2335 combination for spark plugs is for head bolts (5/8") at the other end.

Another tool that came with the car was the #1917 wrench for transmission adjustment. Also included was the #1349 hubcap/oil plug wrench. Somehow I neglected to get a picture of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Steve. Doesn’t the smaller end of the #2335 also fit the lug nuts? I believe I have used mine for removing the 4 nuts from my split rims. In an on road emergency, it seems like it would more often be used to change a tire than to remove the head. Either way, a very versatile, well designed and useful wrench. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

Yes, the lug nuts are also 5/8", so you can use it for at least three things.

Here's #1349. You often find it like this with the edges mashed from being whacked with a hammer to loosen a stubborn nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

For a Model T show car, being judged in a prestigious car show, is it necessary to have an under seat tool kit and should all of the tools in the kit have Ford Script markings? During the Model T era, would it have been more likely for the tools in the kit to be made by Ford or is it more likely that they be non-Ford brand tools? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Jim, you raise an interesting point. Steve's photo shows a Herbrand wrench with the number 2335. I understood that Herbrand is an aftermarket brand like Mosberg and Waldren Worcester. Ford logo tools tend to have only a forging mark to identify the supplier.

Just my observations.
Allan from dow2n under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

I have a black metal Model T era toolbox in the trunk of my ‘26 coupe and all the vintage tools in it have the Ford Script. JimPatrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

Ford tools were mostly, if not all, made by other companies. As Allan says, tools with the ford logo often have the forging mark of some other supplier.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration