Mag gear question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mag gear question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

I assume there is a felt or something that fits into the back plate of a bosch magneto bracket/gear drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:40 pm:

Are you using the generator location cast iron drive bracket? Or the aluminum 3 gear side drive for the early block?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

The aluminum 3 gear plate has a felt in the back plate where the camshaft comes thru the housing

Donít forget the seal in the timing cover too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Hi, Kevin, yes I'm using a generator location cast bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Hey there Jon, thought I would post the pic you sent me of your generator mount style, Bosch mag drive back cover plate

There is pretty clearly a groove for a felt to ride against the hub of the gear. While you have it apart you might consider remachining the plate to take a lip seal...? Just a thought

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration