When was my engine made

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: When was my engine made
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art McTevia on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

Could someone please tell me when was my engine made #8996224 thank you very much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom McGoldrick, Laguna Hills CA on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

December 1923

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

12/24/23, according to Bruce McCalley's compilation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

My no is 8593397 October 23

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

12-24-23 is well into the 1924 model year, so this is one Model T that's registered correctly. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

So would a Christmas Eve engine be made with extra care by Ford's elves or would it be slapped together by the folks who didn't want to be working that day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

The motor number is only part of the story because many of them have been modified.
You also need to look at the casting date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art McTevia on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

where is the casting date ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

I don't believe that late of production had casting dates.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration