Hershey in October

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hershey in October
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:34 am:

Looks like I might be able to get to Hershey on the 9th of October. Technically it's the first day. I suppose that's good for finding deals in the flea market but are there more vendors later in the week. Been years since I could go that early due to that "work" thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:44 am:

The earlier the better, in my experience. No, in my experience, more vendors don't show up later in the week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:53 am:

I haven't noticed a lot of empty spaces on the first day. If you're after a particular thing, of course that's when you have your best chance of finding it before it's gone. If you see something you'd like to have but the price is more than you're willing to pay, it may cost less on the last day if it hasn't sold. Deciding to wait is a gamble. Maybe you'll find the item elsewhere for less, or maybe you won't and the one you passed will be gone when you decide to come back for it. I won the gamble last year when I passed on an oil can priced at $60 and bought another one the next day for $2. It takes me three days to cover the whole thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

Tues & Wednesday best days for deals Thursday Friday tried of walking around the whole field. Saturday car show flea market is pretty scarce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

See you all on Tuesday then. Steve .. ran into you last year. Your country mouse overalls and straw hat ... my city mouse fedora and white shirt. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

I have gone a couple of times, and I go on Tuesday, set up day. That day, you can bring a bicycle and ride all around as vendors are setting up. Many bargains are found that day, even though many spaces are not there yet! The bike makes getting around fast and reasonably painless! I return the next day when almost everyone is there, but no bikes or other transportation other than handicap scooters are allowed. I have heard all kinds of estimates as to walking distances at the meet! Thirty plus miles of vendors is a common guess! I have ridden my bike over 14 miles on a Tuesday and not seen it all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 04:12 pm:

At least itís pavement not the grassy mud years ago

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration