Source for 6 volt LED stop/ tail light bulbs???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Source for 6 volt LED stop/ tail light bulbs???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

We got talking about getting brighter bulbs for the back.
Any experience out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

Ordered two on Amazon, waited a month came from china, could not get either to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

You could try these. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/s-series-bulbs/1157-led-bulb-dual-funct ion-19-led-forward-firing-cluster-bay15d-retrofit-car-classic-car-bulbs/508/ Select voltage and beam angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

i just received a 12 inch LED 6 volt brake light from Juliano`s Hot Rod Parts---www.julianos.com---super bright! I`ve heard there may be problems fitting in LED bulbs in standard tail lights cause they are longer and don`t clear the lens...Let us know what you find and thanks, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 04:28 pm:

Paul, link doesn't work.
I was told by a trailer guy is that they work real well but require a real good ground. I'll be jumping to LED soon and have already ran a designated ground wire to all my tail/signal lights on my car with this anticipation .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

That link: www.julianos.com go to "products" than BRAKE lights. They offer the 6volt one for model As . Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

I had some from Brattons that fit a Duolamp aftermarket drum light. Granted they didn't draw many amps, but they weren't very bright either in sunlight. So I changed to halogen bulbs for the stop and 6 cp bulb for the tail in my drum light. Very visible, but have a larger amp draw. Langs also sells a dual bulb single base unit that is halogen. Plenty bright to be seen easily, but draw more amps as well than an LED.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, August 10, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

-Les-
Rod Barrett gave me good info on LED's for both tail lights or headlights with our T's.

Two pole:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-products/1157-cw3w-g%20cool%20white/

Single pole:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1156-led-boat-and-rv-li ght-bulb-w-stock-cover-36-smd-led-tower-ba15s-retrofit-290-lumens/2799/

It's Summertime - 'Enjoy a Sweet-T with your Sweetie!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 03:41 am:

LED's are directional. that is why they are arranged in a ring around the globe so they can be seen from all sides. Electric tail lights with the globe oriented through the side of the light wiil not give the same results as those facing directly to the rear. At the same time, they require little current to operate them, so little that a resistor may be needed in the circuit on each side for the can to operate effectively.

It's not necessarily 'plug and play'.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:27 am:

I put these bulbs in a set of HF magnetic trailer lights. LED bulbs are directional, so these would have been near invisible from the rear. I installed new sockets to aim them toward the rear. The lights ride in a box in the trunk. If I have to use them they sit on the rear fenders with hooks and rubber bungees to help them stay put.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 09:26 am:

Very clever! Do the magnetic lights scratch your fenders?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 09:48 am:

No, but I think it would be OK to add a thin layer of foam on the bottom of the lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 10:54 am:

I really appreciate all the great information that has been provided. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 12:17 pm:

I would like to see some 6V LED headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 03:04 am:

You want to see 6 volt LED headlights? I've seen threads about them on other car sites.
There is a place offering them in the UK for ford model A and stuff...
Or you can try these
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BA15D-BA20D-H4-LED-Motorcycle-Headlight-Bulbb-DC -6-24V-20W-1200LM-with-Cree-XM-L2/32719482964.html
After seeing what's inside these things there is a small board that regulates the power input.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 04:29 am:

I have these and they are BRIGHT.
The only issue is that the pins are orientated 90 degrees out. I have them so that 'low' beam is angled slightly towards the nearside. Still a good usable light though. Full beam is both LEDs and you get light forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Again, to make use of the parabolic reflector, some light from the globe must emanate to the sides and rearwards to be reflected forwards. And again, the LEDS need to be arrayed around the globe to do this. just having forward facing LEDS will not give a satisfactory beam.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

I used these in my lantern conversion, they work great and are very bright.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/s-series-bulbs/1157-led-bulb-dual-function-19-led-forward-firing-cluster-bay15d-retrofit-car-classic-car-bulbs/508/

lamp1

lamp2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Steve, you have the correct globe with the correct orientation for that application. It would also work on electric tail lights when the globe holder is set front to rear, but would be next to useless when used in tail lights where the globe is mounted sideways.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration