Popular mechanics model t governor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Popular mechanics model t governor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:57 am:

postingt governor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Anyone have a copy of the article from popular mechanics on how to build a governor for your T ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:02 am:

I want to use this governor on my conversion. The one that was on it was totally hand made out of a spindle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Sorry, I do not, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Why would I want a governor on my Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:05 am:

staude conversion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:09 am:

staude make-a-tractor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 11:24 am:

There were several.

Here is one.

Gov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:42 am:

t governort governor I see, thanks. I hate to give up the generator, but its not needed anyways, I can run on mag. With the governor that's on it I cant put a hood on. Thanks for the add.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 07:48 am:

I'm going to take this tractor to the gear head get together in maple lake next Saturday. hope to see some of you theregear head get together

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 12:22 pm:

John,

You probably wouldn't, but it would be a real neat thing to have on a tractor or a stationary power unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

what was the reasoning to move the driver to the rear? weight ? i see a flat belt pulley, behind trans? hoop over trans ? can you offer photos of operators station, and extended controls ?, looks like someone spent some time on that tractor. no welding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

Your rite, I think more than one person has worked on this. It looks like at one time it had a dump box on it, maybe for rocks. The only welding is the front axle and a crack on the hogs head. The u-joint had two female ends, so you could disconnect the drive and use the pulley to run some kind of equipment.traktraktrak

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

I bought an ice cutter Dixons used on beebe lake mn to store ice. The motor was good except for one real bad exhaust seat. And I stripped the drive shaft and sold it. Any ways I'm still looking for a good used short block, few other parts. I have questions on metallurgy. To make the spring perches I have to heat them up red hot to form them, do I let them cool or quench them?traktraktrak

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dean daniel abbott on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

trak Me and my friend jimmy (right) working on his T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration