Early running board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Early running board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Over the past 50 years we have worn out the right side running board, so I found one on Ebay but the treads are spaced apart the treads on the 12 almost touch. The number of treads are the same . Is this an earlier board? cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 06:11 pm:

Different maker?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 02:07 am:

Here are 2 Canadian early running boards.

Both different.

USA ones are only listed a being early (up to 1912) if the script is along the running board not across it (1913 on) but as you can see they can be different not only in the tread pattern but also in the position of the Ford script.

Something that probably should be noted for those such as Colin who has such a vehicle and wants to remain original.

These have had holes welded hence the marks in them.

As they are on opposite sides of the car one would be hard pressed to be able to compare their differences, could have happened at the factory??

running boards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 07:13 pm:

Mine are both like the second one the one on ebay is like the first one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

If this helps, this is what my early '13 Canadian running board looks like. Engine number B 872. My car is a very complete original car. Note three holes only for carbide generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

Nice find on that running board. The photos below that remind me of what I had to do to the RH running board on my '13, because some dick owner before me had to have a tool box!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

WOW Larry, tell us how you really feel.
Holes can be repaired

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Might be a bit kinder to this mail man, hard working guy with his hard working early T that has a running board mounted tool box too. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration