Disneyland Model Model T "Global Van Lines."

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Disneyland Model Model T "Global Van Lines."
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

Saw this parked on my visit to a Vintage Disneyland auction this afternoon. Hope this brings back some fond memories for some of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

Neat! Looks the part but a lot going on, under the hood?, 2 pedals and that front axle??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:50 pm:

Possibly some kind of engine swap has occurred.

There are two pedals and no hand throttle or spark advance lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

It looks like it's on a Model A chassis with a frame extension kit.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

Back last century when I was a kid and saw it at Disneyland it still had the Model T running gear with a Smith-Form-a-truck or similar frame extension and chain drive. Below is photo from the website at: https://davelandblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/main-street-usa-january-1964.html

The photo of today shows what appears to be the same body but I believe it has been mounted onto a 1928-31 style Model A chassis with the Smith Form-a-truck moved over.

Note the Model A car style rear hub. The Model A style (possibly a little later?) front axle and all the tie-rod ends etc. The larger Model A style front wishbone. I think the pedals are Model A Ford also.

Note also that the hard rubber tires and the Smith Form-a-truck really heavy duty rear wheel have been replaced with what appears to be standard Ford demountable wheels (adapted for the rear hubs).

Note the side view below appears to show the Model A style engine pan & transmission.

It may turn out to be some other chassis but on the short review, my initial guess is Model A Ford car chassis with the Model T front cross member retained? And the Form-a-truck parts used but not the heavy duty rear wheels.

And from memory of previous discussions that VAN was not really used as a moving VAN but as an advertisement.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Most of Disney's drivable machinery is custom-made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 12:06 pm:

The folks who are employed by Disney are talented take Walt Riddle for example - producing a period motorcycle from scratch.

http://www.waltriddle.com/THE-CALIFORNIAN.php

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration