Age and make of Klaxon type horn?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Age and make of Klaxon type horn?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Got a hand klaxon type horn on eBay. I know itís not old but has a pretty good sound. Started sanding off the bad paint job. And canít find any manufacturers marks on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

No one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

How do you know the age? The pictures don't show it from the side and front, but from the little I can see it looks like the type of mechanical horn that was popular in the teens. There were several brands, but I would think some horn expert would recognize that flywheel setup. All I can tell you is that it's not a Stewart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

I think it is a reproduction sold about 40 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 06:20 pm:

REPRO - for sure ! Copied after a Model A Sparton electric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

Take of the old paint add some new. Reassemble with some brass bolts and nuts. Iím happy with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

I had one sold by JC Whitney in 1960 or 61.I kept it in the floor of my wall locker at high school and when a sweet young girl walked by i would step on it.I also was asked/told to leave a football game.Bud,the one man crime wave!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration