A Tip on Free Shipping for Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A Tip on Free Shipping for Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 09:49 am:

So I had to get some tires for my 64 Imperial. Coker tire had what I wanted. Not sure if you like ordering Model T tires from Coker or not but.... If you put the part number or name in Summit Racing search it will come up with free shipping!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 10:27 am:

Robert is right - I had no luck searching on the Summit site for Model T tires but when I entered the sku number from Coker they popped right up - same price, free shipping. Robert, did you get charged any special handling, oversize or truck freight charges for your '64 tires? If not, it's a pretty good deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 10:42 am:

One more thing - it works better in Summit when you add the prefix COK- before the Coker SKU number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 11:14 am:

No extra charges for my "big fat" Imperial tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 11:15 am:

Summit's shipping and customer service are outstanding. When I purchase things from them in the afternoon, I normally get them the next day in WV from their warehouse in Ohio. They are very friendly on the returns too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 11:45 am:

Coker shows tubes for 30 x 3 and 30 x 3 separately, but they're the same tube for both sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cok-78705/overview/

will this tires fit a T? it adv.forA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Yes, a 21" split rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

They show both Firestone and Excelsior tires in both 30x3 and 30 x 3-1/2.
No others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Juhl on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

Steve, the tubes listed for 30 x 3.5 were cheaper. Funny, eh?
I was looking at Universals at a different vendor but with free shipping, the Firestones are probably a wash, price-wise. What's the group' opinion of the two tires, quality wise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

Same rubber - same factory overseas - your choice of tread pattern though !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration