OT - Strange meter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Strange meter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

While cleaning out my dad's workshop we found this old meter.

I think it is a Watt meter but I can't find anything about it on the Internet. Maybe someone out there can tell me what it is, how it work and how and why was it used.

Thanks
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

Looks like a Watt meter. It has big resistors in it and measures the the current through them to show you the watts. I used to know these things but of late I loose the memory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Or is it voltage across the resistors. Oh well either way it's a very cool Watt meter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:27 pm:

André, I googled the German name and found this:

Dr. Siegfried Guggenheimer AG
Jump to: navigation, search
5607427565_893ae627c2_m.jpg
Metrophot light meter
image by Anssi Puisto (Image rights)

A company founded in 1906 by Siegfried Guggenheimer (1875-1938) in Nuremberg, Germany. It manufactured electronic measuring devices. June 1933 the company released a selenium light meter called Metrophot.

Because Guggenheimer was a Jewish name, the German government ordered in the end of 1933 that the name must be changed. Metrawatt AG was chosen to be the new name.

When I googled "AEVD Brussels," I found this in a LinkedIn entry:

"Previous: AEVD (n'existe plus) et à Léopoldville chez Pétrocongo"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration