OT - Be A Man And Make Your Own Decisions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Be A Man And Make Your Own Decisions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 09:34 am:

Everyone should feel free and completely comfortable to comment on any thread that interests them.

Don't let a few self appointed forum cops dictate or shame you into doing otherwise.

Thank you to those that took the time to try and assist the gentleman with his generator purchase...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Amen Tim !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 09:52 am:

"...those that took the time to try and assist the gentleman with his generator purchase.."

Tim, I have a deal on a bridge in New York that you can't afford to pass up! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Yes, and when people do as they want and use a clamp to hold the nut to the manifold there are those that chastise them. Sounds like someone talking out both sides of their mouth :-) Or maybe change the title of this thread. SMH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 07:25 am:

You can't speak the truth on this forum. I've done that and been derided for my comments when it comes to evaluating the correctness of a vehicle. Yet I see the same frequent posters who attacked me double-down and post warnings on threads for people to "be nice when commenting.." SMH. My tolerance for hypocrisy only goes so far. You will not see me contributing technical input to this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 09:59 am:

It is a shame to see what the forum has turned into. Many good members driven away by a hand full of know it alls. If you post about something that differs from their way of thinking you will be attacked relentlessly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Well said James. Truth and facts are prohibited by the self appointed forum police.

You're not the only forum member that refrains from educating people for fear of being abused.

BTW- Yesterday my 23 Runabout started on the first crank without MMO in the tank and after driving approximately 75 miles I discovered that the pack nut was still not loose despite not having the bandaid clamp...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Tim, who appointed you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:13 am:

?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:16 am:

You know what I mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:31 am:

I'm sure I don't.

As for calling people out for misinformation- I'm self appointed as I can think for myself...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:34 am:

Yeah.... Right.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:04 am:

There is a difference between misinformation and a difference of opinion. As for thinking for one's self, that doesn't necessarily produce the correct result. I have a clamp on my exhaust nut and it may be unnecessary. Why should that matter to you and even more importantly, what is it that compels you to post your opinions in such an adversarial manner? Why not try to state your view on a subject in a pleasant way? People like Hap Tucker and Richard Eagle keep me coming back to this forum. The polite manner of their posts should be an example for all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:05 am:

https://youtu.be/Etucn31tFVI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:23 am:

John, I agree. I also see you are self employed which means you can think for yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:39 am:

And too often the outcome is disappointing!!! Like when I succumb to the poor judgement which leads me to respond to someone who delights in antagonizing people. My apologies to all. I should and do know better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Here we go again!

I wonder how many will quit the forum this time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

I've seen some leave, or at least significantly reduce their participation, due to some of the know-it-alls. And those folks I certainly miss. Of the ones who leave citing the bickering, most never really do. Usually the ones who get upset over such things are names you don't even recognize, and if they did leave, you'd never know it if they hadn't announced it.......which I never understood. Making some grand announcement that you are leaving is little more than trying to get attention, or sympathy. If I ever decide to leave, I'll just leave. I made an announcement once that I was done discussing a topic and my statement was misinterpreted to mean I was leaving the forum. One of our regulars on here posted his celebration of my departure. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm still here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Tim and Hal, I agree with you guys, Well Hal maybe not with you all the time. LOL

There sure is a lot of guys that seem to feel that they are the only ones that do it right.

I always just want the requester to find the correct info they are looking for and learn about some options.

FWIW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

It is almost always best to keep your mouth shut when you have the urge to chastise or criticize someone for what they did, what they said, or their beliefs. Rarely, is something so important on this forum that it can’t be overlooked.

Lincoln said it best: “It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt”. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

How about "be an adult" because women can also think and make decisions for themselves (and own Model T's). Its 2018, lets be inclusive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

James, tomorrow Aug 18 is the 98th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment to the Constitution of the United States. And to top that, they are a protected species, here in Texas if you kill one the government will kill you back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

What are you? a bunch of millennials?
Now excuse me while I drive my T, and put some ATF in the fuel to see it my engine runs smoother.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

Boy, just reading this has me heading out to the garage to put some MMO in the gas tank to coat those valve guides!
Who’s with me??? 2 oz. per 10 gallons everyone.

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Willis, I'll raise you an ounce and throw in a set of Kevlar bands!...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, August 17, 2018 - 11:34 pm:

Willis, there's lots left in bottle after using 2 ounces. Maybe you could lubricate the slider pins on your disc brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

Save some MMO for the new waterpump! ;)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration