How many mtfca members are there?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How many mtfca members are there?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

How,any MTFCA members are there and how many does the mtfca classifieds reach? I, for one am a Member, but have never even looked at the mtfca classifieds. Any Model T parts I need have always been found on eBay. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

Are you talking about readers here or the club mag? Even with that, there are people that post ads in the classifieds that never come to the forum. The club mag only comes out every other month, how long do you want to wait if you selling or need a part?
If you are talking about people signed up on line, you might have to ask Chris. Even then, just because they are signed up does not mean they even log on after sighing up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

Jim,

Well we are up to 2 so far....

I thought I read somewhere that the MTFCA is the largest Model T Ford club -- but I just looked and didn't see that. I did see there are over 100 chapters world wide.

I like the classifieds. I actually snag some photos and information from there for future reference. And I dream about having an overhead with good brakes... but that will have to wait a while longer.... Many of the advertisers I recognize. You probably also recognize some of the ones on e-Bay.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

Look in the roster. That should keep you busy if you haven't anything better to do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

You can gauge how many members in he MTFCA by looking at The Vintage Ford in the postal information. When I last looked it was about 7500 paid subscriptions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:44 pm:

Larry. Not that I donít have anything better to do, but for future reference, where can the ďrosterĒ be found? I could not find it in the menu at the top of the page. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

The roster a hard bound book that is sent to members of the Ford Model T Club of America that buy it. There is no roster that I am aware of the people that use this forum or on line classifieds. Some years back, maybe 8 to 10 there was a way, but times have changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 12:23 am:

Thanks Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:16 am:

Don't know how many there are currently....but I know how many there have been over the years, because I recently signed up and am member # 50001

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:46 am:

Jim brought up a good point when he mentioned the Classifieds on Hunter this site. I only recently began utilizing this function as a seller. In the old days -40 years ago - all we had to acquire or sell a T part was HMN, the VF or a swap meet. Now that we have this instantaneous method of buying and selling, Iím afraid it has a detrimental effect on those methods previously mentioned. Last month I chose 6 items to photograph, email to myself, transfer to laptop Pictures, resize, write up a description with price and enter on this site Classifieds. Before I finished the last item, I sold the first 2. That said; I intend to go to Chickasha in March to visit with friends and take uncle Stan to dinner Friday night. Oh, BTW, Iím a Life Member of both T clubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:58 am:

So true George.

The forum and classifieds are great, now doubt, but I do miss the days of eagerly awaiting HMN in the mail and scouring it from front to back.

I also miss sending off for parts lists from old scroungers who advertised in HMN, then getting back typed lists in an envelope or something to that effect. It seemed like it came with a sense of anticipation.

And finally, I pains me to think it (but I think it's true), but I'm pretty sure that Chickasha is a "dead man walking". Its days are surely numbered. I went a few times right after I left the military (early 90's) and the place was just jam-packed and full of wonderful things. It seems to be about half that full now and I just don't see that trend changing.

I'm guessing that we'll end up with a couple big pre-war swap meets in the country before too very long.

Ah well...nothing lasts forever....it's best to just enjoy what's here, while it's here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 09:05 am:

To find out the number of current members, ask Susan Yeager or Jason at the Museum. They should have that info.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration