1914 front floorboards

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1914 front floorboards
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 10:52 am:

I am looking for the first two front floorboards which are on an angle for my 1914 Touring. I am interested in any parts or prints or any leads to some original ones, they need not be complete or in good condition. I can duplicate them if I have any dimensions and pictures of originals. I have the large one which lays flat and the surround for the pedals on the two that I need. The top 2 boards in the picture are the ones which I want to replace. I want to keep the car as original as possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 09:27 am:

OK, here’s the dill pickle. Looks to me, that your pedals have been bent from use over the years and your band springs may be weak. If this is the car your working on you will need to bring the pedals back to close to factory specs before the new floor boards will fit and function as they should. Also if the cams on the pedal shafts and cover are worn you may have to make the pedal slots longer and the pedal trim will not fit. Just a heads up from someone who doesn’t always know what planet he’s on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 09:36 am:

I don't think those floorboards are authentic. You will need to find a thick upper pedal plate.
Jon Anderson makes perfect reproduction floorboards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:05 am:

The pedals look okay to me.

The brake lever is in the fully forward position so the clutch pedal is in high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

Thanks Guys. Your correct these boards were made from 1/2" plywood at some time. I got the missing top plate from Bob B. in Ill.. I just received info from Jon Anderson and may go that way, but sure would be nice to find some original ones that someone has replaced with new even if they need some work. I'm planning to keep the car as original as I can. I will start a post soon so everyone can tell me what needs changed. Russ F. and Mike W. and others saw the car in FJ trailer at Richmond during Homecoming. So far I got a carbide generator, correct taillight, correct Jno Brown headlight, coils, working on horn parts just replied to Donnie's B. post for some missing things. All you guys are Great helping me trying to assemble this puzzle of 1914 Touring. Looks like this thing didn't get a speedometer either. She was born in Jan 23 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 11:17 am:

Yeah, but you can still put a Stewart 100 on it. A lot of people did. If the kick panels appear original, I'd like to see another photo of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 11:40 am:

The original set that I bought to put in my 24 Touring were too narrow. So...I bought a set of Anderson floorboards that fit perfectly.

Would the narrow set be for an earlier car? Or maybe a 26-67?

If they're for an earlier car, you're welcome to them Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

Steve, out of curiosity, what is the cast date on the block? Mine has a January 1914 serial number, 429,XXX, but a cast date of October 29, 1913. I've seen cast dates on some only a few days before the build date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

Corey here is a picture of the casting date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Hi Larry, I'll get some pictures of the kick panels tomorrow and post them, they are original.

Don, I'll get the width dimensions tomorrow and you can compare them with the ones you have. Do your boards have the pedal plates that screw down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:55 pm:

Corey your engine was built on either the 24th of Jan. if the last 3 digits are below 367 or on the 26th if they are higher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:58 pm:

Steve:

Don's floorboards won't fit your car. 1915 and later floorboards are tapered.

If you are going to buy reproduction floorboards, get some from Jon Anderson made per the factory drawings as Larry Smith suggested above. Also, Fun Projects has the correct pedal opening trim (I realize you need only the top piece, not the whole set).

http://www.funprojects.com/products/3630-3633E3.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

Thanks for the clarification Erik.

Steve, I was very happy with my Anderson floorboards. They're very nice...too nice for my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 04:40 pm:

Erik, Do you know if Jon Anderson is still making floor boards?
I was able to look up an old,really old, post with his number 716-985-5880.
I don't want to bother him if he is not in the business anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 05:06 pm:

He's still in business and doing great work.

Don't be surprised if you have to call multiple times, his cell phone service can be spotty. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration