Two lights What do they go on?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Two lights What do they go on?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

So here is the story. A friend on mine said that his Grandfather has these two lights. When he passed away they went to his Dad. The he passed away and my friend got them. He was going to throw them away and asked me if I wanted them. So what do you think they go on? I know one is a tail light and one is a side light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

the side light will work on 1910-11 overlands & others. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

The black tail light fits a Model T from about 1915 on with magneto headlights. most of the later cars after 1919 came with starter and battery and used electric tail lights. But the low end still had magneto lights and no starter.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

That particular tail light does not have the ring of ventilation holes at the base of the chimney, nor the round reflector inside. This particular black tail light is 1917 or later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

So the brass one is not for a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

no it is not.i have a few overlands i could put it on.you figure out what you want for it.i would be interested. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

So this is what I'd like to do. I got these for free. I can't use these on my 1926 T so I would like to sell them and then give the money to the Model T museum. I have no Idea what they are worth. So what ever I can get for them goes to the museum. Not sure if this should go to the classified side now or not. Please make me an offer. I know some have posted that they don't like when people say "Make an offer" but I'm a new to T guy (2years) and I don't know what they should sell for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

The black light is missing the top cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

you could go to e-bay completed items and look them up. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni Fredericksburg, VA on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:45 am:

OK I was contacted by a member for the black one and sent Charley P MSG for the brass one. If you guys like the prices let me know. Like I said the money is going to the Model T museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 12:54 pm:

robert, i want the light. i just got the e-mail back i sent on i think on sunday. did you get the pm i sent? charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration