1913 KW Coilbox

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1913 KW Coilbox
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

1913 coil boxes are unique in that all of them were only used in 1913 only, with the possible exception of the Kingston box. The KW's were a new item in 1913, and the reason I like them is because years ago when I was young they were all you could get points for, until RV came along! What is interesting about them is the upper catch on the lid is installed with three screws, as opposed to the Heinze box which uses two screws.
Many restorers assume incorrectly that the KW Master Vibrator fasteners are the same as the standard coil box, which is incorrect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

What do you mean about your statement of the master vib. box hardware is different than the standard 4 coil box fasteners?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 12:17 am:

Exactly what I said! If you compare a KW Master Vibrator latch hardware, it is slightly different than the regular KW coilbox that came on the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 12:46 am:

Well, you said fasteners, and not latches. So I was not sure what you meant. I was thinking screws and such.

I have both the coilbox and master vibe.,
I thought they were the same from first look, so now will have to check it again as I thought they could be used as replacement latches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Here is a photo of a coilbox I owned for a few years. I was able to find all of the parts to make it functional again.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration