TT rear axle removal how-to needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: TT rear axle removal how-to needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bartol on Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

I did it before, but now that I've installed an old Warford, can you tell me the best way to remove the rear axle from my TT (Ruckstell axle)? Is there a way to leave the drive tube and shaft in place (as I recall, there's a pin to release the worm gear)? Anyone in the Massachusetts area that wants to get greasy, feel free to PM me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 10:05 am:

It's been years since I had mine out, but if I remember correctly the easiest way is:

1. Chock front wheels.
2. Use stands to hold up the chassis with wheels still touching floor.
3. Disconnect brake rods.
4. Unbolt the collar at the Warford output.
5. Remove the driveshaft pin.
6. Remove the both rear spring shackles.
6. Roll the assembly out.

Hopefully I haven't overlooked anything. I know this isn't what you wanted, but I think you'll find it a lot easier to work on the thing by removing it so yo can get at everything easily.

I suppose you could disconnect the driveshaft and tube from the rear end, but then you'd need to also disconnect the radius rods, probably from the front. Seems like this would create more work than it saves.

Just my %0.02 worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 10:24 am:

P.S. If you just installed a Warford didn't you already have it partially disassembled? Just curious - Why are you removing the rear end?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration