Push rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Push rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson, Sudbury MA on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

The bores for the push rods on my 1918 block measure .421" diameter. How can this be? I thought standard hole size is .437"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

Once in a while you might find a engine with under size push rods. I have had 2 engines like that and have heard of others. Do not know why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 07:15 pm:

I also have rebuilt a couple blocks that had undersize push rod bores. Just ream them out to standard with a 7/16 reamer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration