Old Photo - Fordson Expo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Fordson Expo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

They need just one more Fordson Tractor sign!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:29 pm:

Looks like a Martin Parry cab on the TT. I did not know they ran the belt over and under the front axle on the Fordson. Guess I never saw one belted up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 07:32 am:

I don't understand what looks like a tractor belted to a one-lunger engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 08:11 am:

Dallas,I never thought about that either but belts were expensive and i'll bet most farmers did not like that.Bud in Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 08:12 am:

Neil,
I think thats an air compressor.
NOBODY ran the belt under the axle!
I think they did it here so prospective customers wouldnt see the belt rubbing the paint off of the front axle. Like the model T, there was a plethora of accessories made to remedy the real and imagined short-comings of the Fordson tractor- one of them being a roller guide that bolted to the front axle to allow the belt a friction-free return. Most farmers just draped the belt over the axle and let it rub. You can always tell a Fordson that did a lot of belt work by the worn down right front axle beam!

GREAT PICTURE BY THE WAY...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 10:55 am:

I agree with Dale that it is probably an air compressor. The tall clear tube with the float inside is a flow gauge. This equipment could also be a positive displacement pump as there appears to be small "goes inta" and a "goes outa" piping. Just another guess.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration