APCO spring loaded radius rod cap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: APCO spring loaded radius rod cap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 07:39 am:

I have a nice old APCO spring loaded radius rod cap assembly with new spring and insert. When installing these were the standard pan studs and springs used ... or shorter studs and no springs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 08:43 am:

Studs or use bolts with drilled heads and no springs. Tighten them up and secure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 11:21 am:

Yes. Ditto to what John said. The adjustment is the one slotted bolt head on the APCO assembly that tightens the spring loaded 1/2 cup against the radius rod ball. Great period accessory. The APCO ball cap assemblies come in various sizes and I have them on all of the ball connections on my T. They do need to be greased occasionally. Jim Patrick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 11:44 am:

So you are using a bolt with a drilled head. I guess you also use a lock washer .. and then run a stiff wire in the bolt heads just in case. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Lock washer or not, the two bolt heads should be wired together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 11:55 am:

When safety wiring bolts together, thread the wire halfway around each bolt, clock-wise, so that when the wire is twisted, the wire tension, tightens, instead of loosens the bolts. If you donít, you might as well not even safety wire at all. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration