5.5 on a model t

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 5.5 on a model t
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

I came across this on the internet ,it is interesting the set up used

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/fujioko- gets-the-1927-model-t-pickup-roadworthy-ag/86295/page1/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

Here’s the first start
http://youtu.be/7gUFgAAtRL4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

I did no think a 5.5 hp engine could move the car,it gives me the idea that a 17 hp can be used or more ,.interesting stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 09:51 pm:

Looks like the timer is way too far advanced. Good thing he wasn't using the hand crank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:26 am:

Well, the responses at Grass roots are so wrong! First, they claim That "T Folks" aren't internet savy--excuuusee meee? What about this forum??
Then he figures the coils are a problem, so he creates his own solid state version. Hmmm. This guy seems to figure out the hardest way to do anything. And so many of them think that T isn't practical for driving around on rural roads--and that ALL Model A people use insert bearings, "no one uses babbitt anymore" hmmm. I just got a major supplier of A parts catalog and it shows shim kits and exchange rebabbited roads. Yes, it also shows insert versions too.
Looks like a neat survivor, but I'm worried about the care it is now getting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 06:55 am:

2 pages in that was a painful read..
3rd page, i've come to the conclusion natural selection isn't real after all. OMG that hurts my brain. Those people are such retards. Holy shit they drove it with 'bad gears' whatever the **k that means, and finger tight nuts. Umm hello? i can fix it, anyone can. And they do everything backwards. Oh god i wish i'd been on on that forum to correct them & stop them putting a honda motor in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:23 am:

What are the strange things on the front of that engine, belt to one side, breather on oil tube appears verticle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:57 am:

Unless something else jumps out after page 3, don't see anything done that cant be changed back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

You made it a page further than I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

Kep. You spelled **k wrong. LOL! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

I'm sure he meant h**k.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

That '27 roadster pick up started out in much better shape than mine did. I've been driving mine on local roads and on tours for over 20 years. To bad someone with some knowledge about T's hadn't come along and stopped him. I would love to have that car or just about any of the parts he tossed out as useless or destroyed before making his "reversible changes". I doubt he has the ability to turn this Frankenstein back into a car as nice as what he started out with!

IM disgusted HO! TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

This guy needed some of Tim's advice before he started...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

OH god, I just looked at the rest of his post, and the responses--what a BUNCH of IDIOTS--both the guy screwing up the T and the folks following his stupidity.
That's about as nice as I can say it. He spent more time screwing it up than it would have taken to fix the original.
AAAACK!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

David

I think this is what you get when you mix wrenches with Ritalin and video games. While nothing good can come of it, there will always be approving spectators.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Friday, August 31, 2018 - 08:36 am:

But did you notice, the car wasn't even for him. Sounded like it was for a neighbor or a friend. So, someone bought the car and asked him to do it. I guess it shows some amount of skills, however still a waste of a car with great potential.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration