Wrist pin

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wrist pin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David M Bystry on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

I developed a knock in the engine of my 26 touring which I rebuilt about eight years ago with aluminum pistons. I pulled the head and the inspection cover to remove the Pistons and discovered on the number one cylinder the wrist pin was seized in the piston. Had to beat it out with a hammer. The other three Pistons were fine. Does anyone have any idea What caused this? It is a new one on me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:25 am:

Lack of oil maybe or the wrist pin was too tight to start with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:36 am:

Did it have the oil hole drilled in the piston?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 02:18 am:

I've had seized wrist pins in 2 engines, both on new aluminium pistons after several thousand miles. I have one apart right now, should I drill an oil hole?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 02:21 am:

Oh, BTW, I checked they moved freely before assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 02:23 am:

Yes, half way along and through the bottom and top of the boss, about 1/8" drill bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 05:37 am:

I have found that on al piston. I think that the clearance is too close on the pins. I hone them so that they move free. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David M Bystry on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

Piston did have oil holes
and the other three Pistons are fine I never would’ve installed it had it been tight it is puzzling

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Agree with Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration