In Detroit for two days

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: In Detroit for two days
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Beyer on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 07:04 am:

I'm in Detroit today and tomorrow for a business trip. My hotel is walking distance from the Piquette Plant but my schedule is so tight I might not be able to make it over there. It would be a shame if I was this close and couldn't see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Call in SICK !!!! And if anyone ask what's wrong, tell them you will be real sick if you can't go there and visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:42 am:

LOL, calling in sick, I was thinking I might have to do that at some point, I have go to Detroit periodically for work too. I have yet made it to the museum (at least when they are open). I thought I was going to have a big project at one of our nearby facilities this year, which would require me to spend many weeks in Detroit. But the project died

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Hello Andrew:
I would hit the Museum, then fabricate some tale about how you were riding the streetcar Downtown, when it broke down, trapping you inside. I especially liked the Porter Collection.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:34 pm:

With the Porter collection and our base vehicles, the Piquette Plant museum is showing all of the Alphabet Cars: A, AC, B, C, F, K, N, R, S, SR and T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Beyer on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 08:30 am:

I made it!!!

Things went well with the job I had to do and I left a bit early and drove straight to the Piquette plant before my flight home.

The museum is absolutely amazing. I only had a hour and a half but I did see most of it and briefly said hi to Thomas on my way out the door.

Clearly, there are two attractions at the Piquette plant. One is the cars and the other is the building.

Even if there were no cars on display the significance of what took place in that building and the history of it is an attraction in itself.

I would like to go back again sometime soon.

-Andrew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration