24 fordor window regulator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 24 fordor window regulator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By fred huey on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 10:00 am:

does anyone reproduce or have for sale a working window regulator for a 24 fordor sedan. i am needing the potmetal gear that attaches to the handle. the regulator is the tall, skinny type that is serpentine shaped. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 11:05 am:

Good morning Fred, I see this is your first experience on our Discussion Forum. This is where guys seek and relate information on our Model Ts and help each other in problem solving. Go back to the MTFCA website, click on ‘Classifieds’ and post your window regulator need. Someone frequenting that option is bound to have one for you....good luck !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Hi Fred, On our classified section about 2 weeks ago or there-abouts, there was a pair of '24 - '25 door for a Fordor for sale. I don't know if they sold or not, but they probably had the gear you need.
They were listed as '26 - '27 Fordor doors, but that was wrong. I don't have time now to look for that ad, but he had a pair of doors, one front and one rear.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By fred huey on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

thanks for the advice. i will move over to the classifieds and check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

Fred call Model T Haven and ask if they have any regulators or parts. Also call Bobs antique auto parts. He has a lot of used good parts and pieces.
They might have pieces or parts for the 24-25 closed car regulators. But that's a maybe for sure. Window parts are hard to find for these cars so you may have to be patient.
Ford used 2 or 3 different versions in that era.
If you find a whole regulator by all means buy it. They hardly ever show up.
Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By S. Goldberg - Saint Louis, MO on Friday, August 24, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

I recently replaced the windows in my 1924 Tudor Sedan and found that the driver’s side window gear casing had fallen apart at the ears. I purchased a new reproduction part through Lang’s for about $80 and it has worked beautifully. If your car uses the same style you can give them a try; they sell the casing only, you can reuse the innards from your existing regulator. Item #5090, at the link below.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5090.aspx

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration