Ruckstell Axle Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ruckstell Axle Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Clements on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 01:57 am:

What should one expect to pay for a barn find large drum Ruckstell axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 02:13 am:

If you find one in decent condition for $500 you've got a deal. Mostly I see Ruckstells priced from $700 to $1200. TT Ruckstells are a different story. I saw one sell at auction for $10, and I was given one free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 11:20 am:

I remember back in the early sixties, Chris Eggsgard had three or four Ruckstells for sale at $35 each, and the guys were standing around wondering if they should pay that much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 11:36 am:

My take after working a few, between $500-800 and would be pushing it at $1000 or more and that might still be high. If it has a long snout shifter maybe add a $100 to that. It's a crap shoot what is inside and you may still need to replace most everything inside and/or the tube could be bent. If it's been gone thru, was it done to new or just cleaned and reassembled? There is a 26/27 on ebay now, the opening prices is over $2000, way way too much.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration