Any hints on installing a Fulton Aerowhistle?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Any hints on installing a Fulton Aerowhistle?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tomlinson on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 08:00 am:

I will be installing a Fulton Aerowhistle on a depot hack. If anyone can provides hints as far as location on the exhaust line and routing of the control cable I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Some photos of other's installs and some old time hints too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:08 am:

The whistle openings should face the rear of the car, otherwise it will collect rain and road dust easier. Dans picture shows it backwards, but the drawing shows it correctly. I tilt my up just a bit, in case anything does collect in the tubes , it can drain out. You can get condensation from the exhaust , too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:21 am:

I would install with it on the bottom, should get better support that way. Mounting on the side like in the one photo, I think because of the weight and bouncing would be more apt to come loose and work it's way around the pipe (not that that can't happen the other way too). my suggestion would be to get under the car and find the best place. I have tried mine is several places over the years and what I have found, the train sound is more for the people outside the car then the ones in it. Hum, don't recall seeing one mounted with the opening to the rear, might try that when I find a cutout to fit the pipe on my over head conversions with 2 1/16 OD pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

Thatís a good point, Mark. I mount them on the side, because I donít want to seee them, but also use some thin asbestos sheet and high heat glue ,AND make sure the cutout is very tight, otherwise it would want to end up slipping down. Mounting them down would save some of that concern.
It takes some time to do it right, and a lift is your friend , for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

On all mine I use a rod to make the connection to the pedal. A cable connection relies solely on the spring to close the butterfly when the pedal is released. Using a solid rod also allows me to play the whistle to vary the 'tune' produced. Your wrong hand drive cars may make this a little more difficult.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration