Auburn Fall Auction Results for 1912 and 1914 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Auburn Fall Auction Results for 1912 and 1914 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

What did the 1912 Model T Touring and also the 1914 Model T Touring bring on the Thursday auction at the Auction in Auburn, Indiana put on by RM Sotheby's?
Both were unrestored barn find type cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

I dont know Steve but the 14 was solid as a rock and the top and speedo was the only things missing that I could see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

I was curious about it as well. They sold on Thursday. I was there on Friday and took pictures of the 12. The head on the engine did not have made in the USA nor the block. It had a clamshell rear with two piece driveshaft and 7 rivet pan, and the dash was one piece. According to the engine number it was a July block. JNO brown lights and Stewart speedometer. Speedometer Drive was missing. Tin was in pretty rough shape, but all there with the fore doors. The 14 was in better shape cosmeticly. Nice finds though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Anyone else curious about the results?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 08:50 am:

I have tried to find the results but no luck so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

The '14 definitely looks a bit better than the '12 but both look like quite original cars. The 1914 looks fairly intact and the body might be a good candidate for preservation. The '12 looks a bit rustier but still definitely restorable or drive it as is. I see the estimate was $10-15K for the '14 and $12-18K for the 1912 so will be interesting to see what they brought! I'd take both cars to be honest and how many original unrestored cars are really left out there? The barn fresh look has always intrigued me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

anyone go to the auction?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

Anyone at least have a picture of these two beauties?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas Landers NE Indiana on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 02:29 pm:

Here is the 14 touring from MN. I didnt see the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 02:34 pm:

Anyone at least have a picture of these two beauties?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Here is a picture of the 1912 it says it is missing the top assy. It has correct early 12 rivet one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Here are more of the 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

One more time, anyone go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

Steve, I know the fellow that sold them, give me some time to check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

A quick internet search turned these up

1009 1912 Ford Model T Touring
(IDENTIFICATION NO. 124640)
$4,675.00 Sold

2023 1914 Ford Model T Roadster
(IDENTIFICATION NO. 493149)
$7,700.00 Sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

I dont think 5,000 is out of line if fully restored is 40,000. Now rebuild it engine 10,000, body and paint 10,000 upholsty 2,000 top and bows is going to 1,000. thats 23,000 you have not payed to have the car taken apart and back together which in Winnipeg would be another 10,000 and I forgot that the car was 5,000 = 38,000 the only hope you have is to do the work your self to save money. I think my 12 is 20,000 if I find the right person,I can get that easier parting it out just my 2 cents right or wrong One of the cars guys here had a shop restore his 340CI 1970 Duster the bill was 65,000 that car will never be worth that money Cheers from Winnipeg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

A friend bought the 14 it runs like new he said if the price was to cheep he would sale it after the new all white tires go on

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration