Wiring diagram for Model T with modern elec system

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wiring diagram for Model T with modern elec system
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Emerson - California on Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 11:15 pm:

I was able to locate several wiring diagrams for the Model T, however my 1914 Model T has been altered with a Bosh distributor
& VW coil with 12V system and a volt meter instead of a ammeter .
It also has an electric starter (button) and electric lights (switch).
I would like to wire my brake light so that when the key is off the the brake light will not be on when the parking brake is applied. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 12:02 am:

Phil, with all due respect, no diagram exists for all the modifications your car has. I would use the stock T electrical diagram, and work backwards on what was removed and replaced to see if you can resolve your problems. One thing i am baffled about is your brake light situation, as the parking brake should have nothing to do with the actual brake pedal itself. Can you post some pics of the setup you have, it would definitely help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 12:31 am:

Here is the setup i use, a FP brake light switch right off the brake pedal, problem free since i installed it almost 4 years ago. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 01:25 am:

Phil. Does Your car have a 6 volt starter running on 12 volts, hard on the starter system. Does the car have a generator or alternator and is the Magneto still operational and can You switch over and Use it. The brake light problem can be solved by using a horn relay to turn brake light power on and off with the ignition switch, But like John said You need to figure out what,s going on and even a electrical diagram for a 14 won't be much help since they were originally hand cranked and had gas lights.There are a number of different electrical diagrams of the various model Ts with and without brake lights and turn signals on The Texas T web site that I find helpful as a reference. Be nice If Your local club has someone versed in Model T electrical systems to help You.
Good Luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 08:59 am:

John Noonan. What is the adjustable bracket next to the neutral cam? It looks to be connected to the emergency brake actuator shaft? The linkage that would allow me to see where it is connected and possibly determine what it does is hidden by springs. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 09:24 am:

It is an EZ" Adjust Slider, sliding clevis. It allows the parking brake lever to be pulled back with out the brake pedal going down activating the brake light if it is hot wired to system.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/RMB-EZ.aspx
Wire the brake light to the same terminal as the coil. When the switch is off there will be no power to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Chuplis on Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Texas T Parts has a diagram (page 5 & 6) that you could use as a guide but may not be the way yours is wired.

http://www.texastparts.com/mm5/manuals/T3161.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Emerson - California on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 12:28 am:

What a wonderful forum. Thank you all very much.
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration