OT - Table Top Bead Blasting Cabinet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Table Top Bead Blasting Cabinet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:31 pm:

I am looking into a Bead blasting Cabinet
Is this one big enough?
https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/SBC90-Table-Top-Sandblast-Cabinet?gclid=EAIaI QobChMIt9zgr_2f3QIVCz5pCh2oJARlEAYYAyABEgLmr_D_BwE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

I use this one, itís bigger and accommodates bulkier items.
https://www.harborfreight.com/abrasive-blast-cabinet-62144.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

They are never big enough until you can climb inside of it and take a nap, and even then it may still not be big enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:54 pm:

Got mine at Tractor supply same as the one you posted from the looks of it cheaper too, Many farm type stores carry them. Jim

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/jobsmart-abrasive-blast-cabinet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:48 am:

RE the one shown by Ed;
Do the HF (and others like them) work yes, but let me tell you my experience with them; the fluorescent lights suck (the dust coats the protective coating and cuts down on the light), the plastic coating on the inside of the glass fogs up real fast from the abrasive bouncing off it and the angle of the hopper is not great enough for the medium to readily flow back down.
I replaced the nuts and bolts that hold the window on with pop rivet threaded inserts to make it easier to remove same to replace the protective coating on the inside. Other wise you almost need to crawl inside to get to the far nuts and bolts. They need to be hooked up to a vacuum or cyclone for dust removal.
Make sure you get extra tips for the gun. They wear out fairly quickly and the stores may not carry replacements in stock.
Depending on how tall you are and how long your arms are, can get real tiring to use because of the angles you work in and the angle you hold the gun at can be hard on your wrist. Do not expect a 20 gal. tank air compressor to be up to the task. Even with a good compressor are not real fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:57 am:

The one Steve shows, we also have one a little bigger then that size with end door. We only use glass beads in it and just do carburetor and small stuff. Ours is floor model but without light. It works fine but wish the hopper was steeper and the clean out is not convenient to use. You will find that they need to be emptied and the medium sifted every so often to get the larger pieces that seem to find their way in and plug the gun up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 02:42 am:

Why buy one when a big card board box works fine? Add a heavy shirt,rubber fencing gloved and a grinding face mask and you are ready to go/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 05:46 am:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 07:12 am:

I use a HF floor cabinet upgraded with Tipp nozzle, hose, foot valve, and Starr blast abrasive. Works like a charm. I still have to rig up ways to do long items like axles. Like Walter says, bigger is better. Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble Northern Michigan on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 07:41 am:

You will out grow that right away. You will find very soon that it needs to be much larger, hold at least one bag of media, and have a vacuum system to cut down the dust for visability. That will be a floor model at least 36" wide, but as others have written, larger is better. I have an older 48" wide floor model that fits most things I need to blast. Air compressor size and heat sink iron piping will be your next or should be included in your blast cabinet consideration. A pressure pot sandblaster does a better job and uses less air. Many sandblast cabinets come with a siphon feed gun which are painfully slow and use more air. Check out tp tools, they have sales all the time and free shipping for some zones. They have good hobby size cabinets with vacuums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 11:48 am:

I have an OLD TIP floor model cabinet--so old, the light fixture is on top of the cabinet. Was used commercially for some 20 years, now at my house. I built a Lean-to building on the side of my garage to hold it so any dust is outside the garage(with a separate room for the air compressor too, as I wanted to get that noise out of the garage). I use it for car parts and for toy trains. Yes, it's been through more than one gun and countless tips. I use a piece of single strength glass on the inside of the safety glass for viewing, much cheaper to replace than the safety glass when it gets pitted; and sew my own rubber gloves to seat vinyl upholstery material sleeves. I can fit a wire wheel into the cabinet, but even then I wish it were larger!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:04 pm:

Here is mine and guess what? It is still not big enough some times!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Holy smokes, I just need it for parts on the T. That cabinet looks bigger than my living room.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration