Block, ban and prevent all spam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Block, ban and prevent all spam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Jeez! Whatís with the drug spam bomb? I hope admin can/will block and ban that crap soon and prevent it in the future. We donít need that on our forum and if they get a foothold, no telling what other kinds of spam might popup on our family friendly site. Jim Patrick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Jim, that (ban/block) has been discussed at length. There is no required registration so anyone is free to post anything. Thankfully it's mostly T stuff plus one forum member who seems to enjoy the spam posts. All Chris can do is delete the threads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Thank you Gary. I guess I missed those discussions. This is the first time I have seen such a concentrated spam bomb like this on here and I was expressing the hope that we can stop it or, at least, prevent an escalation. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:50 am:

Spam will soon settle to the bottom if people will quit posting on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 11:18 am:

As Gustaf correctly pointed out, ignoring the posts will drop them out of sight fairly quickly. Then we will all be happier.... well, except Tim, of course, who seems to revel in them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 11:21 am:

Gustaf. True. Since the spam has stayed together and has not moved up, I doní think anyone here is actually posting on the thread, so, while it may gradually move down, new spam may appear to take itís place if spammers are not promptly and aggressively confronted and they feel this may be a lucrative place to post their trash. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:07 pm:

I am sure Chris is on top of this if there was a inexpensive fix He would have done it. Jim Patrick have You seen the one for the REAL Counterfeit Money. Dick is correct just Ignor them and they go away. And Tim is Happy today long weekend over back at work making the people he Manages feel. Circle one.
A Happy. B Important. C Empowered. D Miserable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Jim, I'll take D for the win :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

LOL! Youíre right. It is in good hands with Chris, so I have already dropped it. Thank you. Jim Patrick

PS. Should we all treat Timís posts like spam and ignore them so as not to encourage him? It seems like most of his posts are insulting to us in challenging us to post hateful remarks about some subject close to his heart, such as the recent drug spam. What is his deal? Just curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

Gary! BINGO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

Frequent readers/posters tend to ignore his posts. Those that aren't familiar with the antics fall into his traps unwittingly stoking his fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

"What is his deal? Just curious"

Jim, my "deal" is simple. I am a member of this forum and I won't tolerate bigotry. If you visit this forum on a regular basis then you must be aware of the hatred that has been posted on this site directed at Nigerians, China and Asians in general. I like to call these people out in order to draw attention to it and it's somewhat concerning that such hateful posts are allowed by Chris.

This is sickening and hurtful to me as my wife's family are descended from Hong Kong.

Also, the drug postings are not SPAM. As far as I know anyone, regardless of nationality, can become a member of this forum and post anything that they like.

In conclusion, people in general don't like to be challenged and my post here may elicit the hatred and negativity that I refer to.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

To answer your question, Jim in Florida, yes....yes we should.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Here we go again!

If we want to make it really interesting we could start discussing the affect of MMO and water pumps on World peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

Gary, Jim in Tomball does get the "win".

Too funny...that one made me grin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:07 pm:

I'm just pissed that they didn't post the ads in the classified section and, what's worse, they weren't marked O.T.!
MAN!That really grabs me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

I just wish they would post SPAM ads for stuff I really need.

A SPAM ad for someone to come haul off a bunch of brush where I'm clearing land for my shop...now that would be worth reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

"Also, the drug postings are not SPAM. As far as I know anyone, regardless of nationality, can become a member of this forum and post anything that they like"

Not true, posts "should" be model T related. It says so in the header. Agree some are not and those generally marked OT. The recent drug posts are spam, period. I don't see bigotry, I see T folks aggravated with non edible SPAM.

As for your reasoning, LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

Does anyone else here find it offensive to be called a bigot because you don't believe the advertisement for the sale of cocaine or crystal meth is appropriate on this forum?

(Message edited by ole on September 04, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

Of course, RE. Hawking probably illegal drugs in massive postings has nothing to do with other nationalities. Okay, Tim's wife's family are "descended from Hong Kong" (whatever that means). So flippin' what? My wife immigrated (legally) to this country in 1977 and died in 2013. She never became a US citizen. She didn't spam online forums. If she had, I'd have disapproved. She didn't, so I didn't disapprove. Her nationality and origin didn't enter into the issue. Neither does the nationality of the jerks hawking snake oil, counterfeit currency, etc. They're spammers. If I'm bigoted, it's against spammers, not against an entire nationality just because a few are jerks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

Tim. I have been on this forum for almost 20 years and have never met a finer group of people and have never encountered a bigot on here. Seems like the only bigot here is you, against us and the only one spewing hatred is you, also against us. If you are so repulsed by us, why donít you find an ACLU forum where there are like-minded people you can complain to. We can do without it. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

Dick, I find it hard to understand why this kind of stuff is allowed to be on this forum. I am sure there are at least a few forum members who's lives have been touched by illegal drugs. Either through a family member who did or is actively abusing drugs. Or had someone close pass on because of drug abuse. I don't find any of Tim's posts amusing. He is here to stir the pot then sit back and delight in what he feels he has accomplished. I don't get it. He NEVER posts anything of any use to anyone or anything except his own narcissistic ego.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

I don't usually post on these types of threads, but I have a question for Tim. Am I a bigot because I'm going to put a fuse on my T? Just curious. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

The effects of MMO and water pumps on world peace.
If everyone was forced to drink enough MMO you'd get world peace :-)

(Message edited by kep610 on September 04, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

10-4 RE. Well stated.
Jim Patrick. He was probably kicked off the ACLU forum that's why he is here. I bet He Doesn't even own a Model T. He does not list MTFCA. MTFCI. or any other car club affiliation, and He could have imported the car picture on His profile from a spam ad on Craigslist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

"my post here may elicit the hatred and negativity that I refer to."

I rest my case...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

Please do. Now get out of Our Court!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Tim. Your posts are good examples of ďthe pot calling the kettle blackĒ and are the only source of hatred and negativity on this forum. Please take your sanctimony, hatred and negativity elsewhere...and you can also stop posting your spam, which has only become a problem since you appeared. I am formally requesting Chris to ban you from this forum since your only aim appears to be in stirring up trouble among a normally easygoing group, but you wouldnít know about that. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

It would had been a nice day to take my T for a ride but instead I got to work on the wife's car (2008 Chevy Colbalt). Fuel line in the rear of the car is rusted and leaking, actually more like spraying fuel on the ground. After an hour of work in 90 degree heat Iv found out the lines I bought from RockAuto are the wrong ones and I now need to return them. But the better news is if I buy the right lines from the dealership I might need to sell a kidney to pay for them. So the line is temporary fixed with a small piece of high pressure line until the right line comes in for the car. Hopefully this depressing little story helps everyone feel better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

Personally i'm not sure why people are worried about the spam, it only occurs every few months or so, and doesn't prevent normal forum function.
One forum i used to visit (and didn't have the social skills for) was brought down by the enormous volume of spam that made it unreadable. It was like a torrent of garbage with little bits of ads to buy stuff on it. And funny stories in badly mangled english with a t shirt add on the end..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

The hatred and negativity you refer to only exists in your twisted little world. You really need to seek professional help with the disorder you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Looking forward to Steve J's continued adventure and OCF videos :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Gary, I agree. Steve's adventures represent the pleasant side of the forum. It represents what the forum could be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

I don't mind the spam. I got a good set of fake passports last year for me and my wife "Rita Hayworth".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 07:52 am:

Jim...I run the forum for another old car group. Tim's garbage would've gotten him banned there.

I don't know why he's allowed to spew his venom here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 08:59 am:

If the off button don't work unplug the thing
bye bye

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 09:15 am:

"I don't know why he's allowed to spew his venom here."

Really?

Give us some specific examples and I mean direct quotes...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Tim, you remind me of an inmate in an insane asylum. Everyone who visits the place and hears the rantings knows the inmates are mad and belong there except the inmates, who think they are fine and have gotten accustomed to the rantings.

There is something wrong with someone who enters a peaceful place like our forum, where everyone is happy and gets along and starts throwing the furniture around and insulting everyone. Read all of your recent posts. If you canít see what we all see, then you are blind. Stop trying to change us into what you think we should be. We are mostly in our 50ís and 60ís and are happy with who we have become. Instead, you need to work on yourself or go someplace where there are those with beliefs more in line with your own. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Even recent picture posts are intended to stir the pot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Nope Tim....not gonna play your game.

You have a good day buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

"someplace where there are those with beliefs more in line with your own.

Gee Jim, I was thinking of a totally different place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Jim in Florida....that sure is a purty little coupe.

Looks like it wants to go for a drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

Good one Hal. LOL! Good idea Don. Itís a beautiful day for it too. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration