Generator testing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Generator testing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Please check my math. Am I doing this right? The 3/4 DC motor is rated at 2500 RPM. At 85% it's turning about 2125 RPM. In the car, the generator turns 1.5 times the crankshaft so at an engine speed of 1400 RPM the generator is turning 2100 RPM.--24 teeth on crank gear 16 teeth on generator. Cam gear serves as an idler only, so tooth count doesn't figure in the equation. The light is a 50 watt 12 volt. The meter shows 7.6 volts. Can I put an amp meter in the light circuit and get an accurate reading?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

The KR Wilson has direct drive but motor speed about 1745 RPM. Don't know about using the light as the KR is hooked to a battery, cutout and has an ampere meter in the system just like the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:49 pm:

Yes. Should be no problem.You should be able to use the meter in the photo if it reads DC current. You can use the regular model T amp meter to measure current and keep the multimeter on volts and calculate the power. voltage X current if Your light were drawing 4 amp at 7.64 volts the power used by the light would be 30.56 watts

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration