U & J carb on custom manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: U & J carb on custom manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Got this one done and in the mail for North Carolina tonight. This is not a typical U & J, it is the Overland version with the perpendicular flange which fit this T accessory manifold just fine. It also has a Holley G bowl grafted to the U & J body.

I'm getting ready to do a run of U & J carbs, I have about half a dozen to do but need to get some OF's in the mail and a couple S4BF's and a few others before I can start on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

Looks very sharp. Any idea of what carburetor would have been used with that manifold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 12:54 pm:

Thanks, I'm not sure if it is specific to any carburetor, I have a couple of the manifolds. I think they may have been an accessory sold with various carburetors. I've seen them with the flange the other way but didn't have one of those. This worked perfectly and looks really sharp!

It is probably just going on display in a great collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John M mASLACK on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

I have one with a Mayer carburetor that is original. The Mayer has a vacuum connection on the bottom of the carb that connects by a tube to the manifold where that one is plugged...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John M mASLACK on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

I should have stated the Mayer uses the same manifold....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

I have seen them on Mayer and a couple other carbs but sometimes it is hard to tell who actually supplied them with the carburetor. I'd buy some if there were some extra ones around. I have several Mayer carbs with no manifold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration