Question about # 2508 dual Timken Bearing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question about # 2508 dual Timken Bearing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 11:13 am:

I was wondering about the 2508 Dual Timken Bearing rear wheel bearings. What holds them in? With the wide range of sizes of the rear axle housings( where the sleeve fits) how is the fit? Has anyone here used them? If you do not want to post here, PM me. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 08:33 am:

No body used these? Who makes them? PM me please, I have questions. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 08:51 am:

I installed them on my 26. It was a little snug going in with the o rings on the outside of the aasy. A set screw holds it in . It is inserted in the hole where the grease cup was installed. They have worked very well in my truck. I heads up in I had to polish my axel shafts to get the assy. to go on shaft. It was a pretty snug fit. They are made by a fellow in texas as I talked to him about my install. I was given his number from Langs where I purchased them. Can't remember his name but he makes a lot of things for Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 09:45 am:

John Stoltz Model T Ranch

http://modeltranch.com/

Only product I have tried is his needle bearing thrust washers, but don't use them anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Are we discussing the replacement for the outside Hyatt Bearing ?? I ordered these from John Stoltz that I will be installing soon. they look to me as being top notch. Spoke with John and he gave me some Tips to be aware of. The only problems that have happened is that some of the newer replacement axles axles were made a little bit to thick and out of spec so they wouldn't go on and area where the bearing fits needed to be sanded down a little for insertion. Also if you are working on an old housing that has rusted for years out behind the barn for years, the inner surface may need to be smoothed out to remove the rusty areas. John says there are many people using these for thousands of touring miles with no issues.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration