Post Your Swap Spaces for 2018 Hershey Here!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Post Your Swap Spaces for 2018 Hershey Here!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 11:30 am:

I was originally planning on skipping Hershey this year, but I'm starting to weaken and reconsider.

Anyway, please post your swap spots and any special items you plan to offer here in this thread so that folks can mark up their maps and find you. :-)

Here is a link to maps of the various fields:

http://hershey.aaca.com/eastern-division-fall-meet/maps-more/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 12:15 pm:

RJ&L VINTAGE WIRING SUPPLIES CN64-66

cloth covered spark plug wire, cloth covered 10ga,12ga,14ga primary wire, asphalt loom, etc..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 11:22 am:

I bet everyone here knows my spaces by now, but here they are again CR 33-38. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 11:45 am:

I see from another post that Lang's will be at spaces RCF 38-43 AND RCG 38-43.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Leather License Plates
Also, don't forget Free Cookies & Sodas on Thursday morning at 10am. RED Field, 4 aisles south of the HCCA HQ Tent, spaces RWG 30-31, near lamp post #21.
Hope to see you there, same space for the past 6 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I'm in the usual spots, GCC 5,6 in front of the Giant Center almost across from the crab-cake vendor. Will have some brass lights, clocks, interesting automobilia, some early lit, and who knows what else we might decide to part with. Might be out shopping when you drop by but do try and catch us there to say hi. Don't forget to bring some old spark plugs!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

RSA 88-90, south of the stadium on the easternmost edge of the meet. 8 AM to 4:30 Tuesday through Friday; 8 to 11 Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

My brother will be there in the Packards area.
Spots GBE 26-27
We have all the T bearing pouring equipment, KR Wilson block
jig, rod jig, melting pot & cooker, boring bar and reamers.
3 nice wire wheels (I may find a 4th), wire wheel hubs.
Several windshields, I'll get some pics of them, 3-4 are T, a couple are 21 back and at least one is newer style.
A couple I think are V8 and maybe Model A.
Lots of stuff, a whole trailer load of 90% T parts.

Ask for Dan and tell him Dave sent you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Danmark on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

Thx for setting up this post! I have just decided that this year it will be - my first visit to Hershey - and my som have told me that he will happily join me.
So I will use this post to make a plan for who to visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 12:43 am:

Are we going to have a Forum meet again this year? It was kinda neat meeting every one last time. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:19 am:

See the I-Timer Ideal Timer, E-Timer Electronic ignition and ECCT Electronically Cranked Coil Tester; Chocolate Field (C2A 61,62) Coil testing and tuning demonstrations. Take advantage of show specials while supplies last.

Stop by and say hello!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 08:44 am:

We are doing Hershey a little different this year. Go to www.bigflatsrivet.com to check us out. c4j-28 under light pole #41 Big Flats Rivet Co.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. Bass on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

C4A16-18 with my ‘13touring and misc T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

I see from another post that the MTFCA tent will be at spaces C4Q 34 to 37.

Can someone from MTFCI confirm where their booth will be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

We will be in C4N 31-32 with our NOS ignition parts. We can fit most makes and models from 1910 to 1960 with dist caps, rotors, point sets, condensers, brushes etc. I will have several Thomas rotors with me this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Simmering, Afton, TN on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

I will be in Chocolate Field South, space CI 8; there will be a “Crosley” sign on the tent (and no, I’m not going over to the ‘small’ side). I will bring ’12 chassis parts and brass that I was saving for a project that I will probably never do. Also assorted early parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Walters on Monday, September 10, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 10:56 am:

I'll be at my usual spaces over at OAI 21-23 with more T junk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 07:25 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

I'm at GAG and GAF 27-28 (Green field) with lots of NOS T stuff including over 60 various NOS Ford script side curtains (1915-1927) and many rebuilt and tested T carbs, both original and aftermarket. Carbs include rebuilt Stromberg OFs, NH straight throughs, Simmons Straight throughs, a NOS Van Briggle, regular NHs, Kingston 4-balls and Kingston Ls. I'll have lots of nice ignition, transmission and differential parts as well. Drop by for a chat if you have time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 12:29 pm:

Russ Potter will be set up in the Red Field at RWI 31-33. Stop in and say hello!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 05:33 pm:

Sure looking forward to seeing Russ there again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

According to the latest Model T Times, the MTFCI tent will be in a new location in the red field, spaces RCM 24/25. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 08:33 am:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 08:12 am:

From the HCCA forum:

"We are doing Hershey a little different this year. Go to www.bigflatsrivet.com to check us out.

c4j-28 under light pole #41 Big Flats Rivet Co."

(Message edited by cudaman on September 17, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

Will be in Chocolate field near the walkway overpass to the Giant Center.

C4A 19-21

T parts, mostly small stuff, set of four T wire wheels and hubs, set of four '26-'27 touring doors.

Extra folding chairs, and some peanuts in the shell as you rest your heels :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 08:44 pm:

TTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Friday, September 21, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

Lang's Old Car Parts will be the same place as usual! RCF 38-43 AND RCG 38-43. Only pre orders for reproduction parts but we will have some good used and NOS treasures from Don's stash!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 05:41 pm:

Will be in the chocolate field right behind Jim Dixs,C4I 29-31 light pole 41, stop by I am sure there will be a Beer there some where.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ira (Skip) Seaton on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:39 am:

I will be at C4W 40-46 with 2 Ts for sale;
1926 coupe with hyde suspension and a 1923/11 torpedo roadster with a warford transmission.
also available 1927 touring and 1913 touring
stop by for a chat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 11:52 am:

We'll be behind the stadium in spaces RSE 29-31.

We'll have: a 26-27 Ruckstell w/ driveshaft, Late 1912-early 1913 B-series engine block, 1913-14 rear axle housings, used brass radiators, 26-27 wire wheels with hubs, nice square fellow wheels, nice fenders, 13-14 carbide generators, and much more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

I mentioned that I'll be in spaces RSA 88-90 but neglected to tell what I'll have with me. Will have rewound mag field coils (no double stacks, but can orders for them), early coils and parts, top straps and hardware, correct new early spindle bolts, running board/fender bolt/nut sets, 1909-25; other correct fasteners, and pretty much most of the more than 200 parts I make for the Model T and horseless carriages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles F. Bass on Monday, September 24, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

C4A16-18 with my ‘13touring and misc T parts. I'm already listed above, but I thought I would elaborate:

1913 Rootlieb rear fenders, excellent condition
later front fender irons
1925 original hood, complete very good original condition
High honeycomb radiator, needs repair
rear spring, good condition, rebushed
2 26-27 demountable tire rims
3-4 boxes of early-mid teen engine, drive train stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

We just loaded more stuff....a bunch of steering columns-1913-17, NOS fenders, aluminum hoods, set of 21" wheels and rims, T engine stand, aluminum transmission cover, bunch of 13-14 lights, other brass, and putting more in the trailer all the time. Behind the stadium RSE 29-31, setting up Tuesday morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 05:37 am:

Cj 71-73 some T parts and A parts. Old bicycles and Alot of signs,cans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 01, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/902604.html?1538431993

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 01:38 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Classic and Vintage Bulbs. He is going to be at Hershey at C4R 12.

posted by Dave Young

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan F. Stein on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 08:37 am:

Hershey Specials on extra new parts at considerable discount over current pricing. Also, used parts, mostly for 11-12.
Orange - OBM 29-32

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

Update on my brother. Still spots GBE 27-28, he'll be driving an Allen Kieth construction box truck. We loaded it up today
I put on a nice 26-27 hogshead with pedals and the clutch lever.
A good set of 4 wire wheels, set of 25 back wire hubs.
A decent brass radiator, 1910, 11, 17 and up Ohio license plates, some pairs. A box of various state plates from the 60s back. Coils that the old man had set and marked good, set up with an Allen Electric HCCT. Lots more.
I put a front and rear dismountable wood wheels, unrestored and one rim on.
4 purple headlight lenses...

He doesn't want to haul much home, if you know what I mean !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 08:09 am:

Folks up near the old Hershey Arena may be interested to know that Hersheypark announced a major expansion yesterday called “Chocolatetown”. It isn’t exactly clear, but from the artists renderings it appears to me that it will occupy at least some of the parking lot at the corner of the arena. It’s essentially moves the entrance to the front of the park with shops, a restaurant and a new roller coaster.

It’s supposed to open in the Summer of 2020 so there may be some impacts during construction for next year as well.

http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/

Anyways, don’t mean to be a downer, just thought folks would be interested. Enjoy the show and pray for good weather!

P.S. Expansion by Hershey like this is inevitable and this is just the beginning. The will also be expanding over to the old golf course across the road that used to go behind chocolate world. I still recall going to Hershey Region meetings as a kid and hearing them discuss buying their own property to hold the meet. This was when it was still all fields around the park. It was a concern then. Interestingly enough, the show seems to have shrunk at the same rate that Hershey has built up the property.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Here is a pic of my spaces, watch for this trailer.

Spaces CR33-38. Light Pole #68 Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Danzig on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

wood wheels, rims, front and rear springs
RCC 54

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Thursday, October 04, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

Spaces RCC 33&34 I will have :1early frame (no battery mounting holes)with 4 loose not attached to the frame running board brackets that go with
1-early(tapered) front ( loose leaves)and 2 tapered rear springs.
2-early front axels “over the axel spring perches “with very good spring perches one with very good threads and the other not so good but usable threads both with a correct connecting rod.
1-set 1915 rear axel (both halfs) housings
1 set (3) 1914 kerosene lights 2 side 1 rear
4 Good usable rear bearings ,tight cages 1/2” rollers
1-15 hogs head
2 early front hubs and 1 rear hub -Excellent threads on all hubs
3- Holly Gs 3 screw all with no dented bowls
1- very nice 3 dip engine pan
2- restored mag horns
1 later compleat Front axel (clipped ends)
1-later rear spring ( clipped ends)
1-6 bladed fan
Several very nice spindles
Along with other smaller items ,trans bands,Ford specal speedometer road gear,cast intake manifold, round gas tank mounting brackets,very nice high head...and more stuff I forget after loading the truck
Round fellow wheels complete with hubs (front and rear)
Rear axles
I will also have a Model T based fire truck hose bed complete with cast iron ladder hooks- one side single ladder hook the other side hooks for a extension ladder all in VERY good shape also part of the sale of fire equipment will be a expanded wire basket 30”x30” x 14” high,correct model T size wire chemical hose basket for American
LaFrance fire trucks. Also assorted ALF ladder hooks.
I don’t have room to store these items so price are negotiable especially if I am still sitting there on Friday with a lot of stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 05, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Bump, getting close! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:22 am:

Classtique Upholstery will be in the Chocolate Field space CP 4 (as posted on their Facebook page). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

When is Hershey again?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 02:57 pm:

Pennsyltucky...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

Added to the load...
2 axle shafts. VG
5 more unrestored wheels and rims, including:
3 front 30X3.5
1 rear. " " "
1 solid wood without hub

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 07:17 pm:

It starts Tuesday, correct ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

We've added more.... Some 1913-14-15-16-17 steering columns, 1950's Simplex motorcycle, missing engine. Several sets of touring top irons, 1917-22, 1923-25, and 1926-27.
RSE 29-31, behind the stadium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

Officially, it starts Wednesday, but apparently early birds can get a head start on Tuesday (I have never tried it). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Calimer on Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

I will be at my usual spot in the Chocolate Field. Spaces CI 59 - 62. I have a variety of stuff. Stop by and say hello and we can talk wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 12:50 pm:

I was told that next year that Hershey Amusement Park is expanding and will be taking some of the fleamarket field away do there is going to be some moving the vendors around

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

RJ - see my post above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 03:13 pm:

Thanks Dan I was in Carlisle just arrived in Hershey today at noon at the campground for a 2 day layover before we settle in tues on chocolate field

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Enjoy your time! Tomorrow would probably be a great day to check out the local AACA museum if you have not had a chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

bump! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 08, 2018 - 09:47 pm:

I`m so excited going back to Hershey with my Dad. We missed last year because my Dad had an open hearth surgery with 4 bypass. Now he`s in good shape and I`m so glad spending great time with him this year. :-) see you there MTFCA members and model T lovers.

Mario

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration