OT - Honeycomb Radiator ID Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Honeycomb Radiator ID Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 01:03 am:

Anyone able to provide a 'quantified' ID? A long time friend of mine has a honeycomb radiator he is certain is from his Grandfather's estate. Grandpa had a number of T's, in addition to a 1918 Graham-Paige. He's hoping to identify it, and whether or not it should become 'wall art' in his shop... :-)
I don't see any T markings or indicators, but appreciative of any help!
Its still almost a couple weeks of Summertime - 'Enjoy a Sweet-T with your Sweetie!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, September 09, 2018 - 01:31 pm:

Certainly aftermarket for Model T Ford to replace a 1909-1916 brass radiator. Cannot tell you the brand name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

Anyone, with a further suggestion?
Thanks!

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

I confess I have never seen a radiator core like that. There is nothing on the internet I can find either. Obviously it is a cartridge type core construction but unusual and unique.
Thanks for the puzzle and I hope someone can give you some answers.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Could it be an adaptation to a tractor, perhaps for some other power equipment?
I've not been able to provide much info about it for my friend. Thanks.
Marv
("Happy T-ing!") :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Haven't seen an advertisement for a brass Ford style radiator with that core, but seems a round tubular core was antique feature for some autos.

This pic is from Maine Vintage Radiators, who re-core vintage radiators. Has similar style core available.

https://www.maineradiator.com/mar_ant_styles_big.jpg

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration